Help Me Pay for My Acting School! :D

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Why I want to be an Actress

So for today's article, I thought it would have been a good idea to share you all of you the reasons I want to be an actress. I personnaly feel like this is such a difficult thing to explain but bear with me and we'll get through it :)

First thing first, I always wanted to be an actress. Since I was a babe, around the age of 6 or 7, all I could think of was how I wanted to be an actress. Become someone else, dive into an unknown universe where I could make an audience believe a world that only I could see.

I always loved stories, whether it was creating it, hearing it, or just reading it somewhere. Stories have this magical feeling around them where they transport you into another world. I really think its incredible. And being a part of it? I wouldn't be able to picture myself feeling complete without it. Acting is my ultimate passion. I can't picture myself doing anything else in life. Nothing else interest me (in terms of career) like acting does. 

Growing up, everytime I would share my dream with someone, it wouldn't go very well. My parents were very protective of me and they didn't want me to lose myself into an impossible dream. At least, it was how I felt. I would get shut down. Being told that a dream like that was nonsense and immature. Being an actor is hard, you don't always have the security of having a stable job. You have to work part-time and then run in different directions all the time to get to your auditions or call-backs and such. The acting industry is a hard world. 

But I was telling myself that, having a stable job, good pay, comfortable routine, and doing something you hate...isn't that even more hard? Isn't that terribly sad? Yes, you do have money to take care of yourself and you are sure that you won't lack of anything,...that's what they say...but...isn't that horribly sad if you aren't even happy with your life? You know, I really believe some people are okay with having to work their ass off in whatever they do. Even if its hard. Even if they don't sleep much and eat 1-2 meals a day or have to be carefull about every dollar spent....even if they can't have stable relationships. But what if this is how I want my life to be? I am okay with it. I actually want my life to be a challenge. Challenges are interesting. And I can't let myself live a life that isn't even interesting to me.

Still today, a lot of people I know give me "the look" like they are laughing at my career choice. "Oh this girl is a dreamer". So what? At least I have a dream and Im ready to work my ass off to achieve it. And not just that, I Believe in myself. 

My passion for acting and creating stories outweighs my fears and doubt. Doesn't mean I don't doubt myself. I do, sometimes. But that's what happens to humans who care about their dreams. Its normal, and in the end, you'll just keep going until you reach that point where you're satisfied with your position. Even if it takes me years, I'll still keep going.

"The only failure, is not to try!" -George Clooney


Tári ~



                                             



this is how I feel today thoooo ¦3

4 comments:

  1. Ohoo, you want to be an actress, same as me!! :)

    mia1107.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats nice! I love your blog :) I'll follow you on bloglovin, it'd be nice if you follow me on there too? :)

      Delete
  2. I want to be an actress too and I thought about getting a stable job for a while too but at the end, I continued my passion for acting because I know that if you really want to do something then you'll make it happen and i'm going to try to make my passion and dream happen :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, I really hope you can achieve your dreams and goals! If you believe in yourself, no matter what other people might think or say to you, you'll get there! through sweat and fatigue but you'll get there and you must never forget that :)

      Good luck with your pursuit! <3

      Delete